1. A fee of £50 will be required at time of booking your consultation appointment. This is fully refundable if you decide not to proceed with treatment following consultation or can be discounted from the cost of treatment if you proceed with HPT®. If you need to rearrange your appointment we will require 24 hours notice. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your deposit.
2. Full payment for your HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation is required a minimum of 7 days prior to your initial treatment date. Payment can be made by either debit or credit card (excluding Amex) or by bank transfer. Please note payment by credit card will be subject to an additional 2.5% surcharge.
3. You must notify your practitioner a minimum of 48 hours prior to treatment(s) if you need to re-arrange any dates of treatment. Failure to do so will incur an additional cost.
4. It is your responsibility to ensure that your scalp is in a good condition prior to any treatment being carried out e.g. if the scalp is excessively dry or flaky the results may look patchy due to the pigment not retaining in these areas. Your practitioner cannot be held responsible and further treatment may be required at an additional cost.
5. If you are looking to replicate a closely cropped or shaven head you will need to start your treatment with a shaved head or ½ grade (if applicable) to get the best results and a commitment to maintaining or shaving natural hair growth.
6. If you have longer hair and are looking to create the illusion of additional ‘density’, due to the practitioner not being able to see the full head shaven or at minimal re-growth, it is impossible to guarantee a faithful match to natural re-growth density around the treated area.
7. If these conditions are not met the practitioner cannot be held responsible for any additional treatments that may be required as a result of a patient dramatically changing their hairstyle and revealing different parts of the scalp that were not previously visible.
8. If there is scarring that needs to be camouflaged the practitioner cannot guarantee the same colour retention as the non-scarred scalp area. Colour retention in scarring is unpredictable and results cannot be guaranteed. Scar tissue may require more treatments and you may be advised to have a few MCA/ dry needling sessions prior to implanting pigment.
9. If the treatment is being undertaken due to any type of Alopecia or male/female pattern baldness the practitioner cannot be held responsible for any additional treatments required if there is further hair loss after the HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation treatment.
10. HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation is not an exact science and therefore an exact colour result cannot be guaranteed as colours are retained and heal differently in all patients. The elected colour will be darker immediately after the treatment. This darker colour should exfoliate and lighten within 7/14 days. Lighter colours fade faster than darker colours and all colours will change with time.
11. Pigments are made from iron oxides and are not the same as tattoo inks. However all colours oxidise and change over time. The skin type of every patient is different and the implanted pigment will be visible for a minimum of 12 months and in some cases indefinitely. The HPT® scalp micro-pigmentation treatment will need to be ‘maintained’ periodically to keep the procedure looking fresh. This is dependant on a number of factors such as age, skin type, colour and lifestyle.
12. In all treatments there is a risk of migration which means that the implanted pigment may increase in size.
13. Your practitioner will use a Treatment Plan to keep a log of the colours you have chosen, as well as anaesthetic and needles used, along with your pre and post treatment photographs. This information will be held securely in your Consultation Record.
14. Once you have agreed your Treatment Plan with your practitioner, which will include hairline (if applicable), colour and density; any changes made at your request to this agreement e.g. making darker or changing hairlines will be subject to an additional treatment fee.
15. After each treatment the treated area may swell or show redness and in some cases bruising. Your practitioner will recommend how to take care of this with verbal and written aftercare instructions.
16. It is extremely important that you adhere to your aftercare instructions to ensure that you are not vulnerable to infection once you have left the environment of the clinic/hospital. If a treated area is accidentally picked, pulled or knocked, not only is it more susceptible to infection it may also affect the healed result and could appear uneven and require more work.
17. It is important to note that if you have an MRI or CAT scan you must tell the radiologist that you have had a medical tattoo. You may experience a slight tingling in the treated area.
18. The use of any drugs (including Finasteride or Dutasteride) , alcohol or the use of Minoxidil must be avoided for a minimum of 3 days prior to treatment. You are however permitted to take Paracetamol , Co-codamol or Ibroprofen.